The safe, secure and completely free way to transfer large files around the Web.
What is ZendTo?
It is a classic problem: you need to send files to someone, or they need to send them to you, and there's no way except email. But they are too large or your administrator won't let you transfer the files by email at all. ZendTo to the rescue!
ZendTo is a completely free web-based system, which you can run on your own server with complete safety and security. It runs from any Linux or Unix server or virtualisation system and there is no size limit and it will send files 50% faster than by email. It will also integrate with any Active Directory, LDAP or IMAP system you already have in place.
If you are in a customer service organisation, ZendTo can integrate with your customer service ticketing system so that all your references are kept in one place.
Technical support is provided by email or an active mailing list. All completely free.
- 27/02/2018 - A couple of minor bug fixes, including an automatic DB schema fix for old MySQL setups. Please see the Change Log for details.
- 21/02/2018 - Released version 5.02. A few minor bug-fixes, and a new option 'emailSenderIP' which you can set to false which will remove senders' IP addresses and hostnames from any email messages which are sent.
- 07/02/2018 - Released production version 5.01. The biggest change from Version 5.00 is the addition of a checksum for each file in a drop-off. It also fixes all known bugs in Version 5.00. Please see the Change Log for details.
- 04/02/2018 - Released 5.01-3 beta. This version adds checksums (SHA-256 by default) for each file in a drop-off, provided the checksum calculation won't take too long. See the Change Log for details. It also fixes the known bugs.
- 01/02/2018 - Released 5.00-2. The changes to ZendTo itself are minimal, see the Change Log for details. However I have improved the installer so it no longer needs to rebuild PHP at all on CentOS and RedHat 6 and 7 systems, but instead uses stock RPMs that are well maintained by others (Rackspace). To replace your current custom PHP with a stock one, just run stage 2 then stage 5 of the installer.
- 22/01/2018 - Production release of the major new version 5.00. Please read the upgrade instructions if you are upgrading, there are major changes you need to know about before you upgrade or it will possibly not work. See the Change Log for information about the new features offered in ZendTo version 5.
- 22/01/2018 - I have just uploaded a set of screenshots of version 5 as it should be released very soon.
- 18/01/2018 - What I hope may be the final beta of version 5 released. I have fixed the last few bugs that have been reported, or I have found. When showing a drop-off, you now get different icons for different types of file. See the ChangeLog for details. And see the announcement on the next line for more instructions.
- 12/01/2018 - Another new beta of version 5 released. Many more bug fixes, including for problems with international characters in email messages. See the ChangeLog for details. And see the announcement on the next line for more instructions.
- 09/01/2018 - New beta of version 5 released. See the ChangeLog for details. And see the announcement on the next line for more instructions.
- 07/01/2018 - First beta of version 5 released - Please see the ChangeLog for the major new features, and the beta page for instructions on how to get it and use it. Please read carefully!
- 25/06/2017 - Fixed bug where reminder emails were lacking the server root URL.
- 27/05/2017 - New beta version of the installer available, now with support for Debian 8 as well.
- 24/05/2017 - New full production release 4.28-1. The main changes since the last production release are the new "Multi" authenticator to allow multiple simultaneous authentication back-ends, and the HTML emails now look as intended. There are more details in the Change Log. To install, please see the downloads page.