The safe, secure and completely free way to transfer large files around the Web.
What is ZendTo?
It is a classic problem: you need to send files to someone, or they need to send them to you, and there's no way except email. But they are too large or your administrator won't let you transfer the files by email at all. ZendTo to the rescue!
ZendTo is a completely free web-based system, which you can run on your own server with complete safety and security. It runs from any Linux or Unix server or virtualisation system and there is no size limit and it will send files one and a half times faster than by email. It will also integrate with any Active Directory, LDAP or IMAP system you already have in place.
If you are in a customer service organisation, ZendTo can integrate with your customer service ticketing system so that all your references are kept in one place.
We provide full technical support by telephone or email, all completely free.
- 02/10/2013 - Released version 4.11-12 to fix the website's YUM and APT repositories.
- 01/10/2013 - I have been off sick having 8 operations, and have not been able to keep up with support email until today. I have replied to everyone back to the start of August. Sorry I have missed you if you last mailed earlier than that, but there is just too much of it to catch up with it all, and some of the earlier issues you will have fixed yourselves by now anyway. Any outstanding problems, please email me again and I will now try to keep up with ZendTo mail as best as I can. Back to work on Monday!
- 01/10/2013 - The 2 VM images are now back online. Apologies for the outage!
- 01/10/2013 - My ISP had a slight accident, and I'm rebuilding this website. Everything is back pretty much, except for the 2 VM images, which will follow soon. If you find anything missing, please do let me know!
- 17/05/2013 - Released 4.11-11 with bugfix for SQLite3 database file not being created. Update as for 4.11-7 below.
- 19/02/2013 - Released 4.11-9 with minor bugfixes to address a few issues people have raised. Update as for 4.11-7 below.
- 18/01/2013 - Released 4.11-7 with minor updates and fixes to stable release. You'll need to "yum update zendto" or "apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade zendto".
- 05/01/2013 - If you are using PHP 5.4 or upwards, you'll need this version of /opt/zendto/lib/MySQL.php instead of the shipped one, as PHP have changed the rules of the game again. Note it's gzip-ed, so gunzip it before you drop it into place. (Note: this is now obselete as it was included in the next release)
- 04/01/2013 - Released stable version 4.11.
- 13/12/2012 - Released new beta 4.11-4 including support for a new CAPTCHA by AreYouAHuman.com and many bugfixes.
- 26/11/2012 - Added documentation for installing ZendTo on a Microsoft Windows 2008R2 (or later) system.
- 30/09/2012 - Released new beta version 4.11-1 including (among other things) SQLite 3 support for Ubuntu 12.
- 24/05/2012 - Fixed a couple of remaining issues and released new stable version.
- 19/05/2012 - Fixed issues with repeated CAPTCHAs showing to users picking up files who cannot log in.
- 18/05/2012 - Released new beta 4.10-2 containing numerous fixes and new 'authStats' setting. See the Change Log for info.
- 26/01/2012 - Released new beta 4.09-1 containing per-user libraries. See the Change Log for more details.
- 10/12/2011 - New stable release 4.08 including new "library of frequently sent files" feature and all outstanding bug-fixes and minor modifications.
- 09/12/2011 - Released new beta with all the outstanding bugfixes.
- 08/12/2011 - Released new beta version 4.08-1 with new "library of files" features.
- 24/11/2011 - Released new version 4.07-1.
- 15/10/2011 - VM distributions now available with CentOS 6.
- 27/09/2011 - Tiny update for 4.06-2 to correct line endings in email headers so they work on all platforms.
- 23/09/2011 - Released new stable version 4.06. This release mostly fixes minor issues, and should clear up problems with statistics graphs showing bad data.
- 04/09/2011 - Released fix for 4.05-3 CentOS x64 VM build to include new /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/libphp5.so with >2GB uploads bug fixed.
- 16/08/2011 - Released version 4.05-2 including new version of Smarty to fix bug when displaying drop-off sizes on some systems.
- 15/08/2011 - Released version 4.05. See the Change Log for more details.
- 12/08/2011 - Released version 4.04-3 which will go stable in a few days if nothing is found to be wrong.
- 29/07/2011 - Released version 4.03-3 with bug fix in handling uploads in response to requests on some browsers.
- 27/07/2011 - Released version 4.03. Note "adduser.php" now has an extra parameter. Run it to get help. If you use MyZendTo, read the /opt/zendto/sql/README.MySQL file after upgrading.
- 14/06/2011 - University of Southampton: Please note that ZendTo has already been setup for you and can be found at dropoff.soton.ac.uk.
- 01/06/2011 - Google have dropped old Recaptcha site, so the link in preferences.php no longer works. Go here instead.
- 01/06/2011 - Released 4.02-2 for Fedora to solve clamd installation problem.
- 26/05/2011 - Released ZendTo version 4.02. Details are in the ChangeLog.
- 22/04/2011 - Released ZendTo version 4.01.
- 16/04/2011 - Released ZendTo version 4.00.
- 07/04/2011 - Released updated VM images of the latest beta.
- 06/04/2011 - Released 5th beta of the new user interface. Basically finished now.
- 04/04/2011 - Added some screenshots.
- 03/04/2011 - Released 4th beta of the new user interface.
- 02/04/2011 - Released 3rd beta of the new user interface.
- 01/04/2011 - Released 2nd beta of the new user interface.
- 30/03/2011 - Released first beta of the new user interface. Read the notes on the downloads page if you want to try this.
- 20/03/2011 - Created Apt and Yum repositories. See the downloads page for more information.
- 16/03/2011 - Released new deb and rpm packages including better user management commands in /opt/zendto/bin.
- 11/03/2011 - Released new deb and rpm packages including a few minor updates and bugfixes.
- 06/03/2011 - Lots more documentation added about preferences.php and authentication.
- 23/02/2011 - Fixed several bugs in Requests handling.
- 22/02/2011 - Fixed bug in 3.70 beta release to make dropoffs work properly when not using a real upload progress bar.
- 21/02/2011 - New .deb package released for Ubuntu and Debian systems, with updated installation guide. Release 3.70 for all platforms.