The safe, secure and completely free way to transfer large files around the Web.
What is ZendTo?
It is a classic problem: you need to send files to someone, or they need to send them to you, and there's no way except email. But they are too large or your administrator won't let you transfer the files by email at all. ZendTo to the rescue!
ZendTo is a completely free web-based system, which you can run on your own server with complete safety and security. It runs from any Linux or Unix server or virtualisation system and there is no size limit and it will send files 50% faster than by email. It will also integrate with any Active Directory, LDAP or IMAP system you already have in place.
If you are in a customer service organisation, ZendTo can integrate with your customer service ticketing system so that all your references are kept in one place.
Technical support is provided by email or an active mailing list. All completely free.
- 18/01/2018 - What I hope may be the final beta of version 5 released. I have fixed the last few bugs that have been reported, or I have found. When showing a drop-off, you now get different icons for different types of file. See the ChangeLog for details. And see the announcement on the next line for more instructions.
- 12/01/2018 - Another new beta of version 5 released. Many more bug fixes, including for problems with international characters in email messages. See the ChangeLog for details. And see the announcement on the next line for more instructions.
- 09/01/2018 - New beta of version 5 released. See the ChangeLog for details. And see the announcement on the next line for more instructions.
- 07/01/2018 - First beta of version 5 released - Please see the ChangeLog for the major new features, and the beta page for instructions on how to get it and use it. Please read carefully!
- 25/06/2017 - Fixed bug where reminder emails were lacking the server root URL.
- 27/05/2017 - New beta version of the installer available, now with support for Debian 8 as well.
- 24/05/2017 - New full production release 4.28-1. The main changes since the last production release are the new "Multi" authenticator to allow multiple simultaneous authentication back-ends, and the HTML emails now look as intended. There are more details in the Change Log. To install, please see the downloads page.
- 17/05/2017 - Last remaining rendering problems fixed with HTML emails in Outlook, Office365 and Gmail. See the Change Log and beta page for more information and download links.
- 16/05/2017 - New beta released, with hopefully greatly improved HTML email messages that display better in Outlook and other email apps. See the Change Log and beta page for more information and download links.
- 28/04/2017 - New beta published, containing a new "Multi" authenticator allowing the use of multiple authentication back-ends, along with a bug-fix or two. Please see the Change Log and beta page for more info.
- 17/04/2017 - New full production release 4.27-1. To install, use the installer on the downloads page and see the Change Log to see what is new.
- 06/04/2017 - New beta 4.26-5 released. Should now build on CentOS 6 again. CentOS 5 and RedHat 5 are now end of life and updates are no longer available. Logging also now much more readable. Please see the beta page and the ChangeLog.
- 05/04/2017 - New beta 4.26-2 released. Improvements to the New Dropoff user interface, an "allowUploads" setting in preferences.php and a new tools for upgading zendto.conf automatically. Please see the beta page and the ChangeLog.
- 01/04/2017 - New beta 4.25-3 released. Bug fixes, and improvements to the installer. Please see the beta page and the ChangeLog.
- 18/02/2017 - A new beta 4.23-2 released. HTML email messages, simpler email configuration, upload progress bar that works with PHP 7 and Ubuntu 16, simpler to install. To try it out, please see the beta page. For full details of the changes, see the ChangeLog.
- 06/02/2017 - 4.20-6 released. Data leak removed, and should now work on PHP 5.2 as well, cosmetic bug fixed, bug fixed where lifetime of new drop-off was missing from email sent to recipients.
- 30/01/2017 - 4.20-3 released. Bug-fixes: cleanup.php was not working, IMAP authenticator should now work well with Exchange and Office365.
- 20/01/2017 - New version 4.20 released. See the Change Log for details on what is new.
- 19/01/2017 - Release Candidate available for the new version.
- 12/01/2017 - Another updated beta fixing Google reCAPTCHA problems, and sadly disabling the upload progress bar in Ubuntu 16 only.
- 04/01/2017 - Another new beta release, fixing a few bugs and including the tool to upgrade your preferences.php file automatically.
- 22/12/2016 - You can now automatically upgrade your preferences.php file too. See the beta news page for more information. The tool is now in /opt/zendto/bin.
- 19/12/2016 - New beta release, including brand new installer.
- 04/11/2016 - I am working on an updated release. This will fix all known bugs (security and otherwise) and will work on CentOS 7 with SELinux.